- 01:00: plugin choice discussion
- 05:21: setting up Portfolio Post Types plugin
- 07:51: setting up Custom Post Type UI plugin
- 11:45: adding & styling single portfolio page content
- 14:01: adding a featured image and/or excerpt
- 15:05: customizing the single portfolio page template
- 18:12: working with the portfolio archive page
What You’ll Need:
- A third-party plugin. We recommend either 1) Portfolio Post Types plugin or 2) Custom Post Type UI plugin. Please see below for a discussion of both plugins.
Which Plugin To Choose?
1. “Portfolio Post Type” Plugin
- Users who already have this installed and it’s working on their site
- Users looking for the quickest way to set up their portfolio
- Users who don’t mind possibly migrating their portfolio in the future
Be Cautious: this plugin has not been updated in several years.
2. “Custom Post Type UI” Plugin
- Users who are setting their website up for the first time
- Users who want to use a plugin that is actively maintained
- Users who don’t mind spending a tiny bit more time to set it up
What To Know:
- Please watch the video above for specific set-up instructions.
- We don’t provide support for these, or any, third-party plugins.