Using The About Page Template
- When you start editing the page, scroll down to “Layout Settings” and make sure no-title is in the custom post class box:
- If you’re using WordPress 5 or higher and the Gutenberg block editor: add a classic block, then click the three dots icon in the right corner and choose “Edit as HTML” (click here for image). Paste in this code:
<div class="one-half first"> <h2 style="text-align: center;">About Me</h2> Put all your about me text here. <h6> xoxo, Your Name Here </h6> </div> <div class="one-half"> put image here (click on "add media" button to add) </div> <div style="clear: both;"> <center><h5> A Few Of My Favorite Things... </h5></center> [metaslider id=51] (shortcode for slider) </div>
(If you’re using the Classic Editor, make sure you’re in text mode (click here to see)
- Change all the areas in red.
Setting Up The About Page Slider
- In the sidebar of your Worpdress admin area, click on Meta Slider.
- Configure your “Flex Slider” settings and advanced settings like so: click to view
- Then, click “Add Slide” and upload your images.
- Click the “Save” button
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the usage box. You should see a shortcode. Copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste the shortcode into the about page.