On the homepage, the “Home Top” area primarily holds the slider. You’re welcome to use other widgets in this area too, but this is how you add in a slider like the demo.
Home Top: Carousel Meta Slider
Images should be sized 400px x 500px to achieve the same results as our demo.
- Step 1: In the sidebar of your Worpdress admin area, click on Meta Slider.
- Step 2: Configure your “Flex Slider” settings and advanced settings like so: click to view
- Step 3: Then, click “Add Slide” and upload your images.
- Step 4: Click the “Save” button
- Step 5: Scroll to the bottom of the page to the usage box. You should see a shortcode. Copy it to your clipboard.
- Step 6: Now, go to Appearance >> Widgets. Add a new Text widget into the Home – Top widget area. Paste in the slider shortcode and save. (Alternatively, you can also go to Appearance >> Widgets and add a new Meta Slider widget into the Home – Top widget area. Select your slider name from the list and save.
Home Top: Soliloquy Slider (Full-Width)
If you don’t want the carousel slider, you can use a full-width wider. Images should be sized 1600px in width and any height.
* Make sure you have Soliloquy installed & activated.
Slider Settings Info:
- Dimensions: 1600px by [any height] (heights should be the same for all pictures though)
- Caption code:
<h1>HELLO</h1> this is a caption <p><a class="CTA">click to read more</a></p>