Step #1: Install Theme
In your WordPress admin area, go to Appearance >> Themes >> Add New. Upload genesis.zip, DO NOT activate it. Then, repeat this process and upload beaudry.zip. Activate Beaudry.
For extra help on this, watch this video:
Step #2: Install Plugins
At the top of the page, you will see a notification that says “This theme recommends the following plugins” with a list of plugin links:
To install plugins individually, click on the name of the plugin you want to install. Click the “install now” button and then activate that plugin.
To batch install plugins, click on the “Begin installing plugins” link. You will be brought to a page where you can select all plugins and begin installing them. After they have been installed, you will need to repeat the process and activate them all.
*Please note that the shop/ecommerce plugins are not included in this — please see the “Setting Up Shop” section for that information.
** If you don’t see this option, you may need to install plugins manually. Here is a list of plugins you will need to install:
- Genesis Columns Advanced: makes it easier to add columns to pages
- Genesis eNews Extended: for the subscribe areas
- Jetpack: for sharing icons at bottom of posts and portfolio option #2 gallery
- jQuery Pin It Button For Images: for the Pin-it hover button
- Instagram Slider Widget: for the instagram widget
- Meta Slider: for the carousel type of slider on the homepage
- Portfolio Post Type: to support the portfolio
- Regenerate Thumbnails: if your images are looking wonky, you’ll need this
- Simple Social Icons: for all social media icons
- Soliloquy Slider: for placing a slider in the widget areas
- * WooCommerce: ecommerce plugin if you want a shop
- * Genesis Connect for WooCommerce: required if WooCommerce is installed
- * Easy Digital Downloads: an alternative to WooCommerce, don’t install both
For extra help with this, watch this video:
(Optional) Step #3: Install Demo Content
Installing the demo content may be helpful for you if you are starting your site entirely from scratch. Click here to learn how to install demo content