Importing Demo Content
Follow the instructions that are taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. Please note that this will add posts, pages, menus, and images to your WordPress site. Follow these steps:
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding and installed the plugins listed on the main theme installation guide. (If you don’t, some of the content will be “invalid,” which isn’t a big deal, so don’t worry!)
- Go to Tools >> Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list (click “install now” then “run importer”)
- Upload the demo content .xml file (found in the demo-content folder of your theme files) using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. Sometimes, your server may time out and you may need to run the importer again.
- You will still need assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets.
- That’s it!
- Install and activate the Widget Importer & Exporter by going to Plugins >> Add New and searching “Widget Importer & Exporter”
- Go to Tools >> Widget Importer & Exporter
- Upload the .wie file (found in the demo-content folder of your theme files) in the “Import” section and click “Import”
- That’s it!