If you don’t want to have your full-length blog post displayed on the blog posts page, you can use a post excerpt with a read more link instead! Here’s how to set that up:
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Content Archives
- Put a number in the “Limit content to how many characters?” box, like 300
- Check the box that says “Display the featured image?”
- Change the featured image size to “large-featured (1500 x 0)”
- Make sure “featured image alignment” is set to “left” (this will actually center the image)
- Click “Save & Publish” and you’re done!
Here is a visual: