Important: You purchased the WordPress theme, NOT the example content as seen in the theme demo. Feel free to import the example content into your site to help get you started, but the images absolutely cannot be used on a live site, nor can they be redistributed.
Importing Demo Content
What you need to do is follow the instructions that are taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. Follow these steps:
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding and installed the plugins listed on the main theme installation guide. (If you don’t, some of the content will be “invalid,” which isn’t a big deal, so don’t worry!)
- Go to Tools >> Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml file (found in the demo-content folder of your theme files) using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported.
- You will need assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets.
- That’s it!
- Install the Widget Importer & Exporter
- Go to Tools >> Widget Importer & Exporter
- Upload the .wie file (found in the demo-content folder of your theme files) in the “Import” section and click “Import”
- That’s it!